Kiwanis Club of Whitmore Lake Presents -
OK2SAY - A Student Safety Seminar
Saturday, November 4th at 2:00 PM
Whitmore Lake Elementary School Cafeteria
1077 Barker Rd.
Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
Door Prizes and 50/50 Raffle
Free and Open to the Public - Adults and Students!
This seminar provides practical tools, including Internet safety tips and how to:
1) access the Michigan Sex Offender Registry;
2) understand the impact of digital footprints;
3) realize the risk of sharing photos with embedded location information;
4) identify the possible privacy risks of different apps;
5) recognize the potential dangers and legal ramification of sexting; and
6) identify cyberbully warning signs and develop a plan of action.
This seminar also overviews the student safety programming that has been presented to nearly 2 million Michigan children in kindergarten – 12th grade. Students in K - 5th grade receive the Michigan Cyber Safety Initiative (CSI), a national, award-winning program that teaches students how to be safe and responsible online. Students in 6th - 12th grade receive OK2SAY student safety programming covering topics facing youth today, including appropriate online behavior, cyberbullying, and threats to student well-being. Launched in September 2014, OK2SAY provides a confidential way to file tips on criminal activity or potential harm directed at students, school employees, or schools.