Northfield Township, Michigan is soliciting proposals from experienced professional parks planning and design consultants to provide the following park design services:
- Phase 1 - Develop a park design and project plan for Northfield Township Community Park, using the preliminary plans developed previously for the park and public input, with the intent that amenities will need to be prioritized based on construction costs and timelines. In addition, develop designs and plans for (i) a trail connection from North Village to the Whitmore Lake North carpool lot at exit 53 of U.S. 23, which would provide linkage to the Mark Levine Lakelands Trail State Park (and, eventually, the cross-state Iron Belle Trail [north–south] and Great Lake-to-Lake Trail [east–west]) and (ii) a trail connection from the river walk in the Jennings Road Athletic Complex to Barker Road, directly across from North Village, which would connect both Northfield Township Community Park and downtown Whitmore Lake with walkable access to the amenities available at the athletic complex (including the Whitmore Lake Bark Park).
- Phase 2 - Develop detailed plans, specifications and bid documents for economical projects that can be undertaken in the immediate future, possibly featuring a lakefront landscaping, water overlook with beach access, canoe/kayak/paddleboard launch, walkable trail, fitness areas, high-impact native plantings, and parking areas.
- Phase 3 – Assist with completion of 2022 Michigan Department of Natural Resources recreation grant application(s) focusing on larger capital investment projects, such as bathrooms, pavilions and play areas.
Proposals will be received until 4:30 p.m., Friday, April 30, 2021. Please provide:
- four (4) copies of the proposal;
- one separately sealed envelope with the budget proposal; and
- one electronic copy of the proposal (not including the budget proposal)
Assistant to Township Manager
8350 Main St.
Whitmore Lake, MI 48189
Northfield Community Park Design RFP