2 More Clean-up Days!
County Clean-Up Days: September 30 in Saline & October 14 at EMU
Two upcoming Environmental Clean-up Days provide an opportunity for Washtenaw County residents to dispose of many unwanted household items in a safe and sustainable manner.
Saturday, September 30, 2017
9:00am - 2:00pm
Saline Department of Public Works
1234 Tefft Court, Saline
Saturday, October 14, 2017
9:00am - 2:00pm
Eastern Michigan University
parking lot across street from Rynearson Stadium
799 N. Hewitt, Ypsilanti
What to bring
- Traditional recyclable materials (glass, cardboard, plastic, paper, scrap metal)
- Construction and demolition waste (drywall, concrete, wood, bricks, etc.)
- Bulky household items (mattress, furniture, etc.)
- Household hazardous materials (paint, pesticides, cleaning supplies, motor oil, etc.)
- Medications (non-scheduled/non-controlled medications only)
- Sharps (syringes, needles)
- Appliances (refrigerator, dryer, a/c unit, etc.)
- Scrap metal
- Electronics (TV, computer, monitor, etc.)
This event is FREE!
There is a suggested $10 donation per car to help decrease disposal costs and to help maintain this community collection. Residents may bring up to four tires for free; a $5 donation is suggested for each additional tire. Residents can also bring one television, appliance or computer, but a $10 donation is suggested for each additional item.
Who can participate
This is a service for Washtenaw County residents only, funded and coordinated by the Washtenaw County Board of Public Works, the Office of the Water Resources Commissioner, the City of Saline, the City of Ann Arbor, Superior Township, Freedom Township, Eastern Michigan University and Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital of Ann Arbor. All Washtenaw County residents are welcome and encouraged to attend. This collection is intended for residential use only – please, no businesses.
For more information
Please visit http://recycle.ewashtenaw.org or call the Washtenaw County Solid Waste Division at (734) 222-3810.