Sewer Billing Schedule
Sewer Rate Increase effective Nov. 1, 2020. This will be reflected on the Feb. 2021 Bills.
Northfield Township sewer billing is on a quarterly billing cycle. As of November 1, 2020, Sewer Bills for Residents are a set rate of $102.00 per quarter per REU (Residential Equivalent Unit). For Metered Customers, the rate is $6.78 per 1,000 gallons.
Billing is for service during the following billing periods:
February 1st billing:
- Covers service from November 1st to January 31st.
- Payment is due February 28th.
May 1st billing:
- Covers service from February 1st to April 30th.
- Payment is due May 31st.
August 1st billing:
- Covers service from May 1st to July 31st.
- Payment is due August 31st.
November 1st billing:
- Covers service from August 1st to October 31st.
- Payment is due November 30th.
**Late fees will be added if payments are received after the due dates listed above.**
Sewer Tap-In Fees
The current rate to tap-in to the Northfield Township Sewer system is $7,561.00 per tap. This rate is good for the fiscal year July 2022/June 2023
- Rates for Fiscal Year 2023/24 - $7,616.00 per tap
- Rates for Fiscal Year 2024/25 - $7,683.00 per tap
If you wish to make a mailing address change on a Sewer billing, you must complete the Township's Address Change Form and return it to the Township Office at the address listed below.
Look up your sewer bill here: BS&A Online
Sewer bills can be paid with cash, check, credit card/debit card*, or money order.
Option A: You can pay your bills at the Township Office, 8350 Main St., Whitmore Lake, MI 48189:
- in person during office hours, Monday through Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm
- by using the drop box in the office vestibule during non-office hours
- by mail - payments by mail must be received in our office by the due date on the bill in order to avoid late fees - we do not accept Post Dates. We are not responsible for delays in mail delivery.
Option B: You can pay your bill on-line
Option C: You can call toll free (833) 733-6290.
*There is a 3% fee for all credit/debit card payments
Failure to receive your bill does not waive the past due penalties.